Prepare for Your Visit
Make your visit to the Park safer and more enjoyable by reading the following safety information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Park Restrictions and Safety Information
Be sure to observe all safety signs at the park. Unsafe behaviour may result in expulsion from the park or serious/fatal injury.
While at the Park:
- Stay on the designated trails and walkways.
- Walkways may be slippery when wet.
- Parents/guardians must supervise those under their care.
- Do not retrieve dropped items. Notify Park staff.
- No smoking or e-cigarettes.
- We reserve the right, without compensation or refund or any amount paid, to revoke tickets, refuse admission or dismiss any person whose conduct management deems drunken, disorderly or fails to comply with policies, rules or regulations of the venue.
- Children and youth must be accompanied by a person 17 years or over.
- For your safety, the Park is monitored by video surveillance.
- Drones are not permitted in the Park.
- Rates are subject to GST and are quoted in Canadian funds. Rates are subject to change.
- Good Dogs on leashes are permitted in the park.
On the Suspension Bridge, Treetops Adventure and Cliffwalk:
- Hold small children by the hand.
- No running, jumping or intentionally shaking the bridges.
- No strollers, or crutches.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge, Treetops Adventure and Cliffwalk are not wheelchair accessible.
- Babies should be carried below the level of the railing or in a purpose-designed child-carrying device.
FAQ – Top Questions & Answers
How much time does it take to explore the Park?
Most, on average, spend approximately 2.5–3 hours within the Park.
Are you open if it’s raining?
Yes, we are open rain or shine! The Park is a great time to visit on rainy days as it can be a much quieter experience. Please ensure you are dressed appropriately for the weather – Umbrellas are sold in our Trading Post Gift Shop.
Are dogs allowed in the Park?
Yes, well behaved dogs on a leash are permitted in the Park, with the exception that they are not permitted by the Raptors Ridge area, in the Cliff House Restaurant or in the Trading Post gift store. Please clean up after your dog while in the Park.
What is the best time of day to visit the Park?
It’s always a great time to visit Capilano Suspension Bridge Park! We are open every day of the year except December 25th. If you are looking for a quieter period to visit, the Park is generally less busy in the early morning and late afternoons.
How long does it take to cross Capilano Suspension Bridge?
The suspension bridge is 450 feet long and can take anywhere from 5 – 15 minutes to cross, however, the whole Park takes an average of 2 – 2.5 hours to explore.
How long does it take to walk the trails in the Park
There is a total of 1.8 kilometres of paved stone paths and boardwalks in the Park. The average length to walk the Park is 2 – 2.25 hours. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Are strollers permitted on Capilano Suspension Bridge?
Strollers are not permitted on the attractions, but there is an area designated for stroller parking. Babies should be carried below railing level or in a purpose-designed child-carrying device (no shoulder carriers permitted).
Do you offer a free shuttle to the Park?
Yes, we highly recommend the free shuttle. The main pick-up is located at Canada Place. Click here for the current schedule.
How long is the shuttle ride to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park?
From the main pick-up location at Canada Place, the average shuttle ride to the Park is 20-25 minutes.
What time do the attractions close within the Park?
Guests are welcome to stay in the Park an additional hour after the posted closing time. Please click here to see the attraction closing times within the Park.
When is Canyon Lights?
Canyon Lights runs during the winter months of November to January. For more details click here.
Is the Park wheelchair accessible?
Due to the nature of our attractions, the suspension bridge, Treetops Adventure and Cliffwalk are not wheelchair accessible. Visitors in wheelchairs or guests who are on crutches receive complimentary admission into the park, where they can enjoy history talks, the Story Centre, Kia’palano, scenic views of the canyon, the Trading Post Gift Shop, food facilities and seasonal entertainment.
Do you have free WiFi?
Yes, free WiFi is available in the Park.
Do you allow drones or selfie sticks in the Park?
Drones are not permitted in the Park. Selfie sticks are not permitted on the attractions.
Do you have a map of the park?
Yes, click here to access our park map.
Do you have luggage storage at the Park?
We do not have storage at the Park, however, storage is available with West Coast Sightseeing at Canada Place close to our Free Shuttle. For more details click here.
Still have questions?
We’re happy to help! Just send us a message or give us a call.