COVID-19 Update: The Lights Remain On!
Updated January 4, 2021
We have made the decision to continue to have the lights on in the Park until February 15th, 2021. We will maintain our current Park operating hours of 11am to 6pm with COVID safety measures in place.
Canyon Lights Refunds: We are asking visitors who purchased an evening one day ticket between December 8 – January 3, to please email us at email@example.com with their contact phone number and shopping cart number. A Guest Services representative will be in contact within 72 hours. As you can imagine, we are currently receiving higher than normal email and call volumes.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Capilano Suspension Bridge Park remains open for regular operating hours from 11am to 6pm daily with some operational changes to ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff remains the top priority.
You are not permitted to visit Capilano Suspension Bridge Park if you have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days of your proposed visit. Do not enter the Park if you or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
To see what the summer Park experience and safety procedures looked like, please watch our “Know Before You Go” video:
- Tickets and Annual Passes will only be available for pre-purchase online.
- Guests must book a specific date and time to limit contact upon entry and to reduce capacity in the Park.
- All ticket sales are final.
- If you have a donation or complimentary day pass please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check validity and booking protocols.
- For Travel Trade inquiries, please visit here.
ANNUAL PASS USE:
- To limit contact upon entry and reduce capacity, there is a limited quantity of tickets available each day for designated entry times.
- BC Annual Pass holders are required to reserve their preferred date/time online prior to every visit by clicking on BC Book Time.
- Click here to view our helpful step-by-step visual guide for creating online reservations.
- If you have previously had an annual pass and are having issues with your login or with resetting your password, please email email@example.com or call 604.985.7474 with your Annual Pass number.
- All BC Annual Passes that were valid during our two closures have been extended by the total number of days we were closed. No days will be lost.
FACE MASK POLICY:
- Face masks or coverings are required in the Park.
- Mask required zones for guests over 6 years of age are designated with signage throughout the Park. Masks are always encouraged.
- Please let a team member know if you are medically exempt.
- Disposable masks can be purchased at the entrance for those without one.
- Failure to comply may result in removal from the Park.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is accessible via Translink, ridesharing or taxi. If you are driving, pay parking is available.
- Guests are asked to arrive within their designated half hour entry time. Guests arriving outside of their indicated time will be rescheduled for the next available time slot.
- The Park entrance is a mask required zone.
- Pre-purchased tickets will be scanned through glass.
- Large families will be required to split up, with a maximum of 6 persons walking together. We strongly encourage you to visit the park with only your immediate household or bubble.
- Guests cannot re-enter the Park after exiting.
- To ensure physical distancing and sanitization standards are maintained, COVID-19 related safety signage features Scout, the safety squirrel, throughout the Park.
- Mask required zones for guests over 6 years of age are designated with signage throughout the Park.
- Guests are asked to keep their distance and follow directional signage.
- Guests will explore the Park in a one-way direction. Suspension Bridge traffic is two-way, and is a mask required zone.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in multiple locations throughout the Park, including all attractions.
- Increased sanitization & cleaning practices are in place.
- The Park map will be accessible via QR code.
FOOD & BEVERAGE:
- Currently, The Cabin is open daily with limited outdoor seating, following all COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Guests must be seated to consume food & beverages, and a maximum of 6 guests may be at one table. Guests are not permitted to visit other tables.
- Sorry, no outside food or drink will be permitted.
We have taken the following steps to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission, and to ensure the highest level of safety in the preparation and delivery of our food to you by:
- Instructing Team Members to stay home if they experience symptoms of any illness or have recently travelled outside of Canada.
- Practicing physical distancing.
- Increasing the sanitization frequency of surfaces.
- Reiterating the importance of frequent and proper hand washing.
- Continuing to follow all established HACCP (Food Safe) procedures, which serve to mitigate the spread of viruses, bacteria and other foodborne pathogens.
- Ensuring Team Members continue to use food preparation disposable gloves and wear protective disposable masks.
- Ensuring the cleaning and sanitation of all food preparation surfaces using CFIA approved cleaning surfactants and sanitizer, along with mechanical washing and sanitizing of all food preparation utensils.
- Ensuring that all transaction points of contact and devices are part of our regular sanitation schedule.
- Continuing to purchase our products from government approved vendors, to ensure the safety of our supply chain.
- Encouraging credit and debit card payment methods to minimize contact.
- Operating venues at a reduced capacity with limited seating.
TRADING POST GIFT STORE:
- The Trading Post Gift Store is open daily from 11am to 6pm.
- Store capacity is reduced to allow for proper physical distancing.
- Sanitary precautions are in place.
- Being an indoor facility, the Trading Post is a mask required zone.
TEAM HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Team members are always encouraged to wear masks and are necessary in mask required zones.
- Team members are instructed to stay home if they experience any symptoms of illness or have recently travelled outside of Canada.
- Team members have undergone proper personal hygiene and cleaning protocol training.
- Personal protective equipment is provided to all team members, based on the risks associated with their role.
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear for the outdoors
- If there is heavy snow, wind, or other extraordinary weather conditions, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park may close. For updates, visit our website and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- In the event of a closure, we will work with you to reschedule your visit to an alternate date/time slot.
- Through our estore ticket purchases and Annual Pass time slot bookings, we will be collecting contact information from visitors to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, should it be requested by Provincial Health Authorities.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park operates in compliance of local, national and international privacy policies and will not use email addresses for the purposes of marketing without the permission of our guests and Annual Pass holders.
- If you would like us to remove your contact information from our system, make a request via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) after 30 days from your visit.
With these measures in place, we are confident that we can provide you with a great outdoor experience at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.