Updated September 13, 2021
Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is open daily with the health and safety of our guests, team members and community as our highest priority. By order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination with one piece of government-issued ID is required to access licensed restaurants and restaurants that offer table service (indoor and patio dining). You must now have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine to dine at The Cliff House Restaurant. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. The requirement is in place until at least January 31, 2022.
Proof of vaccination is not required to enter the Park.
Face masks continue to be appreciated throughout the Park, but are mandatory on the suspension bridge, and now, all indoor spaces. This includes The Cliff House Restaurant, The Trading Post Gift Shop, as well as washrooms and our Free Shuttle. Mask required signage is located at all areas where these regulations apply.
We strongly encourage guests to comply with current public health guidelines. To learn more, visit here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
To see what the current Park experience and safety procedures look like, please watch our “Know Before You Go” video:
TICKETING & ANNUAL PASS USE:
- Tickets and Annual Passes are encouraged to be purchased in advance online at www.capbridge.com to limit contact upon entry and queuing. Alternatively, tickets are available for purchase upon arrival to the Park.
- Existing BC Annual Pass holders are encouraged to reserve their preferred date/time online prior to each visit by clicking on BC Book Time. If you are having issues booking online, please send an email with your Annual Pass number to email@example.com for assistance.
- The average length of stay in the Park during the summer months is approximately 2 – 2.5 hours.
- Guests are not permitted to re-enter the Park once they have left.
- All ticket sales are final.
- If you have a donation or complimentary day pass, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check validity and booking protocols.
- For Travel Trade inquiries, please visit here.
- All BC Annual Passes that were valid during our two closures have been extended by the total number of days we were closed. No days have been lost.
FACE MASK POLICY:
- Face masks continue to be appreciated throughout the Park, but are mandatory on the suspension bridge, and now, all indoor spaces. This includes The Cliff House Restaurant, Trading Post Gift Shop, as well as washrooms and our Free Shuttle. Mask required signage is located at all areas where these regulations apply.
- Guests have the opportunity to let a team member know if they are medically exempt from wearing a mask. Medically exempt guests receive a sticker indicating this to avoid being approached by team members and asked to wear a mask repeatedly throughout their visit.
- Failure to comply with the Mask Policy may result in removal from the Park.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is accessible via Translink, ridesharing or taxi. If you are traveling in a personal vehicle, pay parking is available.
- Capilano’s Free Shuttle service runs every 30 minutes with pick-up locations at Canada Place, Hyatt Regency Hotel and the Blue Horizon Hotel during the summer season. Visit here for the current schedule.
- Masks are mandatory on the Free Shuttle, disposable masks will be made available to those guests without one.
- Proof of ticket purchase is required for the return trip.
- Guests cannot re-enter the Park after exiting.
- Please do not enter the Park if you or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or have been asked to self-isolate.
- To ensure physical distancing and sanitization standards are maintained, COVID-19 related health and safety signage feature Scout, the safety squirrel, throughout the Park.
- Team members are positioned throughout the Park to assist guests with the experience and safety protocols.
- Waymarking signage in conjunction with team member manned stations and organized planters denote the direction guests will need to travel through the Park.
- Guests explore the Park in a one-way direction to limit guests from walking past each other in opposite directions.
- The Suspension Bridge attraction is a mask mandatory and operates in both directions. Frequent safety announcements are made to encourage guests to keep moving and to remind them to maintain their physical distance from others.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in multiple locations throughout the Park, including all attractions. Signage can be found in all washrooms reminding guests to wash their hands properly.
- Increased sanitization & cleaning practices are in place and have been since our re-opening on June 19, 2020.
- The Park Map is now accessible via QR code.
FOOD & BEVERAGE OPERATIONS:
- Currently, The Cabin, Loggers’ Grill & Cliff House Restaurant are open daily following all COVID-19 safety protocols.
- By order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access licensed restaurants and restaurants that offer table service (indoor and patio dining) Starting September 13, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine to dine at the Cliff House Restaurant. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. The requirement is in place until January 31, 2022 and could be extended. For further information on the new regulations and details on vaccination I.D. CLICK HERE.
- Guests are not permitted to visit other tables when dining at the Cliff House Restaurant and is a mask mandatory area unless seated.
- All F&B seating has been spaced to allow for 2-meters of physical distance between tables.
- Between seatings, tables and chairs are wiped down and sanitized.
- All team members working in F&B wear appropriate PPE including food preparation disposable gloves and disposable masks, and have been trained thoroughly on how to use it properly.
- Sorry, no outside food or drink will be permitted.
TRADING POST GIFT STORE OPERATIONS:
- The Trading Post Gift Store is open daily from 9am to 7pm and is a mask mandatory area.
- With our overall reduced attendance, physical distancing is easily being maintained in the 5,500 sq. ft. retail space.
- Hand sanitizer units are positioned at each entrance point.
- Doors are open to increase airflow in the building.
- Sanitary precautions are in place including frequent sanitization of common touchpoints and shopping baskets between guest use.
- Team members working in the ice cream/confectionary zone have been trained on and are required to use proper PPE including food preparation disposable gloves and disposable masks.
TEAM MEMBER HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Team members are required to wear personal protective equipment including face masks, gloves and/or face shields based on the risks associated with their particular role. All personal protective equipment has been provided to them.
- Plexiglass has been installed in all locations where payment is processed, or one-on-one interactions require less than 2-meters of distance.
- Team members are provided with hand sanitizer and have been trained in frequent and thorough hand hygiene. Team members have also been trained on proper cleaning procedures, related to their department.
- Where possible, team member shift starting times and break times are staggered to allow for proper physical distancing in all team member spaces.
- Any team member displaying symptoms is immediately sent home.
CLEANING & SANITATION PROTOCOLS:
- Increased sanitization and scheduled cleanings in all areas of the Park.
- Ongoing cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization of touchpoints.
- All of the cleaning products used by team members are approved by Health Canada and are proven to kill viruses such as COVID-19.
- Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the Park, including the entrances and exits of each attraction and building. These stations are replenished daily and checked regularly ensuring there is always product available.
- Washrooms are available throughout the Park for hand washing. Signage on the importance of washing hands is present in all washrooms.
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear for the outdoors.
- If there is wind or other extraordinary weather conditions, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park may close. For updates, visit our website and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- In the event of a closure, we will work with you to reschedule your visit to an alternate date/time slot if you have pre-purchased tickets.
With these measures in place, we are confident that we can provide you with a great outdoor experience at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.